Thoughts Of You – A Dennis Wilson fanzine

Main Forums Calls for Submissions Thoughts Of You – A Dennis Wilson fanzine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jenna Appleseed
    Participant

I’m looking for anything about/inspired by Dennis Wilson (solo/The Beach Boys/Pacific Ocean Blue).
    Deadline for the first pdf issue is the 31st of August but submissions are ongoing for future issue & possibly print edition(s).

Need both artists & writers + photography – especially additional content on You Are So Beautiful, Angel Come Home *esp Dennis performing it with The Beach Boys on The Midnight Special* , and offical/unoffical Dennis/Beach Boys t shirts.

Aything from illustrations to memes, writings, reviews, bootlegs, memories, tributes, rants, comics, Dennis related pop culture/rock n roll / Beach Boys mythology, parody(?) pop mag / annual features (puzzles, fact files, paper dolls etc.), confessions/unpopular opinions, anything really, as long as it’s (mostly) Dennis focused and can fit in a pdf or print zine (Can’t include audio/video streams or gifs but writing about them with links is fine). Can be as serious or trashy/piss taking as you want.

Thoughts Of You a Dennis Wilson fanzine call for submissions flyer

Jenna Appleseed
    Participant

Issue one should be out by the end of the month – submissions open for issue 2 / & hopefully a future print edition.

Thoughts Of You needs you!

Full size image https://66.media.tumblr.com/8594e994d60a8efded14724b09e8c58b/tumblr_inline_pghohp0CJT1uxlhwx_1280.jpg

Image description: Dennis Wilson in the mid-late 70s, pointing, in a furry coat & Peaches tshirt, with text Thoughts of You Needs You!
    Please contribute to the fanzine.
    a Dennis Wilson fanzine. dwfanzine@gmail.com
    facebook.com/dwfanzine
    twitter.com/dwfanzine
    denniswilsonzine.tumblr.com

Gary Pig Gold
    Participant

Jenna Appleseed
    Participant

Made a new flyer Thoughts Of You Dennis Wilson fanzine photocopied flyer Contributions wanted

Created with cd booklet of Pacific Ocean Blue, all-in-one printer used as a photocopier, scotch tape, washi tape, dymo embosser label maker, sharpie, and computer fonts (Undercurrent BTN & Bikly)

Text/image description:
    (Photocopied & blown up dymo embossed label text taped on with scotch tape) Thoughts Of You Dennis Wilson Fanzine

Collage of pic of Dennis Wilson behind the mixing desk, light reflecting on water and tropical leafy greenery washi tape, with a sharpie dash – – – – outline.

dwfanzine@gmail.com

thoughtsofdennis.co.uk/forum

tumblr: denniswilsonzine

fb & twitter: dwfanzine

Contributions Wanted

Jenna Appleseed
    Participant

<post glitches and vanishes if I try to post an image and a link with text in the same post>

& have a new (ish) call for submisions up on tumblr
    Call For Submissions / How To Contribute

“I’m looking for anything about/inspired by Beach Boy Dennis Wilson . Any style of art / writing is welcome.
    No set topic/theme except I’m working on a piece + some digital collage art about and inspired by Dennis singing The Beach Boys song Angel Come Home on The Midnight Special (video here youtube.com/watch?v=M_Ka4BpLzgk) and would like to include some more art /opinions on/inspired by the performance.
    How to submit/apply: send me something for the zine, either via here / other social media or dwfanzine@gmail.com / zine@thoughtsofdennis.co.uk
    If I like it it’ll get included in Issue 2 or a future issue, and you’ll get a free copy if your submission is used.
    That’s it.
    No portfolio applications needed.

Slightly tweaked old call for submissions from my thread on We Make Zines

“I’m looking for anything about/inspired by Dennis Wilson (solo/The Beach Boys/Pacific Ocean Blue).Submissions are ongoing for future issue & possibly print edition(s).
    Need both artists & writers + photography – especially additional content on You Are So Beautiful, Angel Come Home *esp Dennis performing it with The Beach Boys on The Midnight Special* , and offical/unofficial Dennis/Beach Boys t shirts.

Anything from illustrations to memes, writings, reviews, bootlegs, memories, tributes, rants, comics, Dennis related pop culture/rock n roll / Beach Boys mythology, parody(?) pop mag / annual features (puzzles, fact files, paper dolls etc.), confessions/unpopular opinions, anything really, as long as it’s (mostly) Dennis focused and can fit in a pdf or print zine (Can’t include audio/video streams or gifs but writing about them with links is fine). Can be as serious or trashy/piss taking as you want.” ”

Jenna Appleseed
    Participant

<sorry, had to do this as separate posts or the glitch eats them again>

Thoughts Of You a Dennis Wilson fanzine issue 2. Angel Come Home flyer Submissions wanted.

image description: (screen shot of late 70s Dennis Wilson singing on tv in front of a microphone, long hair, eyes closed and wearing a white shirt, )

Thoughts Of You a Dennis Wilson fanzine
    issue 2. Angel Come Home
    Submissions wanted.

thoughtsofdennis.co.uk

facebook.com/dwfanzine
    twitter.com/dwfanzine
    denniswilsonzine.tumblr.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Spread the love