ZineWriMo 2017

Main Forums General Discussion ZineWriMo 2017

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Billy McCall 5 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Nyx
    Keymaster

While many join in the race to reach 50,000 words in NaNoWriMo, some zinemakers are starting ZineWriMo to get some zines made!

According to the person who came up with it, Kat Mokus:

ZineWriMo is a new idea that came to me in wanting to combine the original NaNoWriMo and zines!

ZineWriMo is November! We focus on making one, or many, zines in November! Our only goal is to create zines, no word count requirement!

Care to join in? Check out the ZineWriMo Facebook group and https://seagreenzine.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/zinewrimo2017.jpg for a list of daily prompts.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Nyx.

Jenna Appleseed
    Participant

Going to try and take part this month, just been promoting it over on twitter & facebook.

Can do no.19 on the list easy because I’m already making a fanzine – unless by make you mean actually finish an issue. (Facebook memories were taunting me earlier with photos of my printed zine from 7 years ago).

Got my first bit of content thanks to one of last years posts in the group inspiring me to get the courage to ask a member of a different forum if I could reprint/quote their post.

Jenna Appleseed
    Participant

Meant to say thanks Nyx for this years banner & prompts/lists

Nyx
    Keymaster

Hello! And you’re very welcome. I’m glad to support the event in any way I can, considering it’s good motivation for me, too. 🙂

I think whether you’re starting and/or finishing a fanzine on the day it all counts. ^_^

Ginger
    Participant

I joined the Facebook group for this yesterday and then got to work! Here is the cover that I made yesterday…but still need a lot more content on the inside. 😀

Hugs And Spit - Issue #1 Cover

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  Ginger.

Nyx
    Keymaster

That looks absolutely fantastic! I already want a copy. 😀

Billy McCall
    Participant

great cover!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.