Zine Fest – Advice?

Main Forums General Zine Stuff Zine Fest – Advice?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Quasifesto 5 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Chris M
    Participant

So about a month ago, I attended my first zine fest, and it was… overwhelming. I brought a bunch of zines for trading, but after doing a couple of meandering laps around the hall, I ended up leaving without interacting with anyone. Now, I’m a pretty shy person in general, but I also didn’t do some basic research that would have put me more at ease and could have possibly changed my negative experience into a positive one.

Is it (typically) acceptable to offer trades to people tabling, or is that rude? I’m not sure if that would come off as insulting to do that.

Also, if anyone has any other general advice for introverts on how to enjoy a fest, feel free to drop some wisdom nuggets here!

Ed
    Participant

Hi Chris, Sadly I cannot help. I am in the same boat as you. I always feel like the old dude at a zine fest, and I am hard pressed to interact with anyone even with they make eye contact with me.

Quasifesto
    Keymaster

I can’t speak for everyone (who can?) but I’m always down for trades at a fest. I’m kinda old school and honestly prefer trades or stamps over cash or PayPal or whatever. I’m an introvert, too. It can be exhausting, but you just have to ask if they’re into trades. If they say “no” no big deal. Move on.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love