Thoughts Of You – A Dennis Wilson fanzine Issue 1

Main Forums Market Place Thoughts Of You – A Dennis Wilson fanzine Issue 1

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jenna Appleseed 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jenna Appleseed
    Participant

I’ve finally managed to get my Dennis Wilson (Beach Boys) fanzine finished . (ugh – zines are hard) *rolling_eyes*
    https://gumroad.com/l/DWZ1

PDF only as until recently I’ve mostly not had access to printers/photocopiers. (still hoping to do a print issue in the future when I get enough hi-res content)

It’s more indie / art /wandering into perzine style than trad Beach Boys/music fanzine.

Contents include: photo features inc. unofficial t-shirts from Bathroom Wall, a personal Valentine’s Day tribute; what Dennis, The Tug Of Love, & You Are So Beautiful mean to me – including a little bit about being on the autistic spectrum & emotionally abused., Dennis Wilson For President t-shirts, thoughts on a spot of facebook wtf***ery re Dennis, Carrie Fisher & the Inauguration (a combined kinda rant re claims The (current touring) Beach Boys were going to play at the Inauguration / tribute to Carrie Fisher), an appropriate quote from Dennis; photos by Erin nicole , Star Wars mash up art by Why The Longplay face?; tributes to a lost mate; why this zine is fundraising for homelessness charity Simon On The Streets – including my thoughts and quotes re Dennis’ support & connection with homeless people.; Forever inspired artwork by Gino Dal Cin; a competition to win a vinyl replica cd of Pacific Ocean Blue plus more…

Content/trigger warning: contains brief mentions of abuse and mental illness, and a small amount of swearing.
    & if you’re avoiding current US politics it’s best to skip pages 46-48.

It’s pay what you want/ pay what you feel on gumroad (minimum £1), & all proceeds minus fees will be going to grassroots homeless charity, Simon On The Streets.

68 page pdf £1+
    https://gumroad.com/l/DWZ1

Cover
    Thoughts Of You fanzine issue one cover art

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love