Strawberry Wine (A Country Music Zine)

Main Forums Calls for Submissions Strawberry Wine (A Country Music Zine)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kari Tervo 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Carmen
    Participant

blessyrlittleheartApril 7, 2018ZinesEdit “Submissions Call!” Post navigation
    Previous
    Strawberry Wine, a country music zine, is now looking for submissions for the first issue! We are accepting anything based on or inspired by country music including art, illustrations, comics, prose, poetry, essays, interviews, any fiction or non-fiction literature, photography, or anything else than can be printed in a zine! For the purpose of this zine country music is defined however you want to define it (no strict parameters will be enforced, if you feel like it could be considered country, that is good enough!) and we are especially looking to uplift the voices of those who don’t always find acceptance in mainstream country music and those with complicated views of the genre. No racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, ableism, sizeism or other intolerant views!

We are also looking for playlist suggestions, as each issue will feature a playlist to go along with the zine. Please feel free to also use this zine as a platform to promo your own current country music and send me info about your own (or pals’) projects that I can share.

Please send all zine submissions to blessyrlittleheart@gmail.com by June 17th, 2018. All contributors will receive a copy of the zine. The zine will be printed black & white.

Thanks y’all! Feel free to email me any questions/suggestions/whatever and check out the tumblr at strawberry—-wine.tumblr.com

Billy
    Participant

Ooo, a country music zine! Not too many of those. I’ll see if I can come up with something…

Carmen
    Participant

thanks, i appreciate it! if you have any suggestions of country music zines to check out i would love to hear them, i’ve never run across any.

Billy
    Participant

The only one I can think of off the top of my head was put out by RazorCake:

Distro Zines

Scroll down. They run an article in their zine called “One Punk’s Guide,” and each one is a different topic. They did one on “outlaw country” that was really good. They sell the articles as individual zines.

Carmen
    Participant

thank you so much, i’ll check it out!

Kari Tervo
    Participant

I’m jazzed–er, countried?–to read this zine!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love