Save money on postage

Main Forums General Zine Stuff Save money on postage

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kenneth John Odle 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kenneth John Odle
    Participant

Like many of you, I’ve always packaged my zines in those manila envelopes (6 x 9 inches) with the metal clasp. The lady behind the counter asked me if I knew what those clasps were for.

“I have no idea, honestly,” I said. I’d always assumed they were there so you could reuse the envelope in-house.

“They don’t do a thing for you,” she said. She then grabbed her staple remover, ripped it out, and covered the space with tape.

“Those clasps”, she said, “don’t go through a letter sorter. If you leave those on there, I have to send it as a package and charge you more. If you don’t have those, it will go through a letter sorter and I can send it as an envelope and charge you less.”

TL;DR: I was sending a single issue of a 12-sheet zine, folded in half. With the clasp, the cost was somewhere around $1.50. Without it, it was $0.70. Save money, don’t use clasps!

Billy
    Participant

This is great advice! Thank you so much.

Kenneth John Odle
    Participant

You’re welcome. It’s just one of those random bits of knowledge that drop into your life that really make a difference in the long run.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love