Razorcake 101

Main Forums Zine Reviews Razorcake 101

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Billy 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Billy
    Participant

I don’t read every issue of Razorcake, but I probably should. It never disappoints me. I find some of the articles a bit long, but when they don’t interest me, I just move on. Good interviews, and TONS of record/CD reviews for all the music nerds out there.

My three favorite parts of Razorcake are:

#1 – Zine review section. Good reviews that tell you just enough about a zine to know whether or not you would like it. They don’t hack and slash zines they don’t like, and they aren’t over-the-top praise for ones they do. They tell you what a zine is and let you decide.

#2 – One Punk’s Guide – This is one of the best ongoing columns in any zine or magazine today, punk or otherwise. This section takes a topic, then gives you an in-depth history and explanation that is easy to understand, and coming from a punk rock viewpoint. Past topics include pinball, country music, and rap music. This issue was a punk’s guide to professional wrestling, and it was a fantastic read.

#3 – Puro Pinche Poetry – The only time I’ve enjoyed poetry in a zine. Bilingual poems from a POC perspective. Various poets, all the poems are good.

If you don’t read Razorcake, you should. It’s like, $4.
    http://razorcake.org/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love