Profile details?

Main Forums WMZ site Profile details?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Olivia M. 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Olivia M.
    Participant

Hey, will we become able to have more on our profile than just our names? I’d like to have a description where I can link to my zine blog and Etsy and list the zines I have available.

Darkroomist
    Keymaster

Took me a min to figure out how to do it but I added some more fields including location, about me, and website. Edit your profile and they should be there.

Olivia M.
    Participant

The profile details section doesn’t have any option to make paragraphs, but thank you!

Olivia M.
    Participant

I’m trying to edit my profile and a page comes up saying I don’t have permission to access it.

Olivia M.
    Participant

I figured out why it was saying “forbidden.” There’s apparently a limit on characters for the about me section. Can you increase the amount of space we have to write there? I’d like to list the zines I have.

Olivia M.
    Participant

If you’d like any help with the programming side of things at We Make Zines, I’d be happy to help! I’m an amateur programmer/computer science major. I’m behind the curve a bit with web programming, but I can learn new programming languages very quickly. Evidence: I’m halfway done with a new Android app and 2 weeks ago I didn’t know anything about Android programming. I’m familiar with HTML, CSS, XML, Java, database structuring, C, C++, C#, and several other programming languages.

Olivia M.
    Participant

I also noticed that notification times are showing that something happened sometime in the future. I think this is because the site must have a set time zone. Can this be changed so individuals can see the site in their own time zones?

Olivia M.
    Participant

It seems there are also reply length limits and restrictions on how often you can post in the forums. I keep getting “Forbidden” when I try to post.

Darkroomist
    Keymaster

Ok, i think I fixed the issue you were seeing by disabling a false positive in the application layer firewall that’s integrated into the web server. It may trip a different one, but that one’s taken care of.

This site is WordPress with a bunch of plugins. That was chosen because it’s probably the most flexible, extensible system out there, it’s open, easy to move etc. It’s mostly PHP and MySql with some Javascript. I’m ok enough to turn some stuff off, comment it out, etc. but I’m no programmer. It’d be easy enough to make an identical sandbox system for you to try stuff out in, I just have to do it.

Darkroomist
    Keymaster

I think I fixed the timestamp problem. The plugin pulls from the WordPress TimeZone in some spots and the server time in others. Got the two lined up an it looks better. Or I think it will in a couple hrs.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Darkroomist.

Olivia M.
    Participant

Darkroomist, thanks for all the work you’ve put into this community! I was able to post again! Yeah, I don’t know much about PHP, MySql, or Javascript, but I’ve been meaning to learn, and I’ve been learning a lot of helpful stuff while programming my own zine trading social app. It uses Firebase as a back-end, so I haven’t had to do any real back-end programming. As long as you feel comfortable with it and are willing to take the time, I’d love to see that identical sandbox system. I’m pretty busy with personal projects (I’m also trying to start my own zine fest and teaching zine workshops and tabling at zine fests and other events, and I’m planning on doing a 24 hour zine for International Zine Month) but I’d definitely find the time to take a good look at it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.