Popular Science

Main Forums General Discussion Popular Science

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Ed.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ginger
    Participant

This publication is a gold mine just looking to be snipped up!

Will
    Participant

I agree, but another thought, Has anyone ever gotten in trouble with using newer magazines for collage? I try to stick to ones over ten years old. Less likely that anyone would ever recognize a specific image came from a famous photographer.
    I guess if you’re not making a profit on the zine, no one will sue you?

Ginger
    Participant

I’ve not really thought about it. If a photographer is not flattered by the fact I used their image, then I will apologize and cease and desist. 😀

Someone compiled the answers for you too!
    http://www.ovenall.com/copyright/myths.htm

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Ginger.
    Ed
    Participant

Yeah, it is a copyright issue for sure. But zines are such small run and zinesters are (usually) not millionaires, so the chances that someone would come after you is really slight. I would say clip up those magazines and get to pasting.
    *** Although, if there is anyone on this site who is a zinester AND a lawyer I would love to ask you a few questions!***

I dig collage, and while I have some public domain material, I wind up using mostly my own images and drawings as they are the only materials I can be 100% sure are safe to use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Spread the love