Looking for zinesters to interview!

Main Forums General Zine Stuff Looking for zinesters to interview!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Julius Smit 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ashley
    Participant

Howdy folks,
    I am currently designing and developing an online, graduate level course about zines for Johns Hopkins University. The course is part of our Master’s of Liberal Arts program and will run in summer 2019. I would love to interview a few zinesters for this project. If you’re interested, please reach out and we can discuss it further. I should be up front and note that I can’t offer much in the way of compensation for your time, but I can try to work something out. Feel free to share if you think you might know someone who would be interested!

Here’s the course description, if you’re interested:
    Self-published zines (pronounced ZEENs) – defined by Stephen Duncombe, are “noncommercial, nonprofessional, small-circulation magazines which their creators produce, publish, and distribute by themselves.” Zines have been a staple of underground culture and subculture for decades, tracing their history to 1930’s science fiction fandom, and encompassing topics from punk rock to critical race studies. This course offers an in-depth look at the origins and proliferation of DIY (do-it-yourself) zine culture and features guest interviews with zine-writers (“zinesters”). In addition to studying zines through the lens of history, art, critical theory, and cultural studies, students will design and produce zines of their own and share them online in a digital format.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  ashley.

Thomas H Boeing
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind being interviewed if it’s going to help you out. I wouldn’t need to be paid or anything, so you don’t have to worry about that. Just happy to help people in the community out!

ashley
    Participant

Thomas, this is amazing! Thank you so much for the offer – I’ll send you a message and we can work out the logistics 🙂

Ken Bausert
    Participant

Just noticed your post; I’m available for interview if you’d like as well. -Ken

Kenneth John Odle
    Participant

I’m up for it! I’ve been zining since Factsheet 5 was a thing.

Julius Smit
    Participant

hi ashley

i’m a uk based zinester and am happy to be interviewed, as and when

julius

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love