Intimacies Zine: dismantling 1st times, 2nd bases & other intimate milestones

Main Forums Market Place Intimacies Zine: dismantling 1st times, 2nd bases & other intimate milestones

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dara 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Dara
    Participant

This year I wrote a zine in two parts explores my journey with physical intimacy, touch, and sex through thirty something short essays of varying length. The idea for the zine came from my being part of/witness to a conversation of “sexually experienced” friends discuss the pitfalls and upsides of being someone’s first. It got me angry about the smallness of the narratives around sex, especially those around when and how you’re meant to be having it (with no consideration that some people don’t, don’t want to, won’t have it always after they have it once, have it all sorts of ways Cosmo doesn’t talk about, etc etc etc).

I wrote more about the background of the zine on tumblr, and it’s available for sale online here. Do note that there are some mildly NSFW images at the end of both these links. The zine does delve into sex in certain sections (especially Volume 2) and uses some explicit language.

For those in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the zine is also distributed by Biawak Gemok Distro.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  Dara.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.