International Zine Month 2017

Main Forums General Discussion International Zine Month 2017

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  penfight 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Quasifesto
    Keymaster

July is International Zine Month!

I have been searching around the usual places and have not seen anyone promoting IZM this year. I don’t want to step on any toes, but if I don’t hear something soon then I’m going to take it upon myself to promote it this year.

Anyone hear officially involved with IZM?

Blythe
    Participant

i was wondering about this too as i was looking earlier this month to see if any was hosting an online 24 hour zine thing.

Olivia M.
    Participant

I’d try getting in contact wit Alex Wrekk, who I believe came up with the idea of IZM.

kristism
    Participant

The archive of youth cultures in Berlin (Germany) will celebrate IZM 2017 with a zineklatsch at the end of July. More information about that will be announced on WeMakeZines within the next days.

Like we did during IZM 2015 and IZM 2016, we will also publish “Zine of the Day” articles in the course of July portraying special zines from the archive’s zine collection. Check out older entrys from IZM 2015 and 2016 here: https://blogderjugendkulturen.wordpress.com/tag/zines/

Are there any other activities this year in Europe or even in Germany? Please let me know and I can promote it on the archive’s blog.

Nyx
    Keymaster

Beat me to it, Quasifesto. ^_^ I am definitely participating at SeaGreenZines.com and post about it to my various social accounts. I’d really like to make a newer, updated IZM activity list, but I didn’t want to step on Alex Wrekk’s toes – plus I ran out of time.

penfight
    Participant

Cherry from Synchronise Witches‏ has made an updated graphic of Alex’s list for this year – she posted it on twitter here

I’ve also got a printable poster here + I made a mini-zine of suggestions of things to do this month.

This year is the first time I’ve actually been making an effort to do IZM things! It’s nice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.