Bugs and questions

Main Forums WMZ site Bugs and questions

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Darkroomist 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Billy McCall
    Participant

Wanted to start a new thread to talk about bugs we find.

First question, why does it say “in 2 hours” under my name on my home page?

Darkroomist
    Keymaster

I see it on mine too. Not sure why its there. Might have to look into it. 🙂

Nyx
    Keymaster

Huh. I’m guessing some sort of hiccup in the ‘last active’ clock.

Nyx
    Keymaster

On the members page, I am seeing scroll bars on some of the listings. I’m not quite sure why that’s happening, as nothing appears to ‘overflow’ in my view of the site.

Billy McCall
    Participant

One the “New Issues” forum link it says:
    “Post you just rolled out zine or fresh issue here.” Needs to be reworded.

Also, in the new issues forum can we make it so that posts go in reverse order? So the older posts (issues) get pushed to the bottom, and the newest one is at the top, first and foremost?

Billy McCall
    Participant

In the “groups” page, all the groups say “in 2 hours” or “in an hour.” Can we get rid of that?

Darkroomist
    Keymaster

All forums are in “most recently replied to/posted” order, there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to change that.

Stephanie
    Participant

I know I already mentioned it before, but no one has replied yet so I am just curious — is there a way to make links open in a new window so you are not taken away from the site?

Also, is there a way to make a blog post? Like on the old WMZ?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Stephanie.

Olivia M.
    Participant

@Stephanie, I think you can open links in a new window if you right click on them and choose “Open link in new window.”

Krissy
    Keymaster

Hello,
    I was trying to do a status update with a link and it would not preview, just circled and circled. I’m on Chrome.

Is there a way to filter out “x is now friends with y” and “z updated their profile picture” from the activity feed? I tried using the dropdown and it wasn’t very effective.

Stephanie
    Participant

@Olivia M.
    Thank you, that is helpful. I was more asking for the person creating/running this website. I know on sites like tumblr you can choose for links to open in a new window, so I didn’t know if that was also on option for the person behind the programming of this site.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Stephanie.

Darkroomist
    Keymaster

Krissy, usually this has to do with the site not allowing hotlinking (linking directly to the image for another site). Back in the early aughts when bandwidth actually cost lost of money, this was a big deal and lots of site implemented anti-hotlinking measures for their images. There are still some hold overs from this time and some sites still don’t allow it. When the preview javascript encounters this it freezes. You can still put the link in as regular txt (not using the link button), it just won’t show up with a preview but still as a link. Try this link and see if preview works with it, I’ve tested it and know it works with this system:
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/exq9yk/meet-the-man-who-drilled-a-hole-in-his-own-skull-to-stay-high-forever

Darkroomist
    Keymaster

@abby, that’s on my to-do list. The plug in that provides the activity list isn’t super admin-friendly but it does have some configuration options. I’ll see what I can do.

Thank you for everyone’s feedback. It’s really valuable in making WMZ a better place for all of us!

Awesome, thanks 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.