Brainscan Zine 33 DIY Witchery (An Exploration of Secular Witchcraft)

Main Forums New Issues Brainscan Zine 33 DIY Witchery (An Exploration of Secular Witchcraft)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Alex Wrekk 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Alex Wrekk
    Participant

I just released a new issues of Brainscan just in time for the 20th anniversary of my zine!
    brainscan33

In 20 years of publishing Brainscan zine there is one incredibly important thing in my life that I have not written about, and that is witchcraft. I am a witch and I have been studying and practicing witchcraft for over a decade and it has been a very useful tool in my life and personal growth.

This zine is a not a how-to-witch zine. This zine is an issue of Brainscan that just happens to be about witchcraft told through my personal narrative.

In this zine I explore what witchcraft is, how I became interested in it, how I built my own practice as an agnostic secular witch and how that differs from a lot of contemporary witchcraft. I share a glimpse of what my personal practice as a non-pagan and non-Wiccan witch looks like.

I also examine my personal issues with modern pagan and witchcraft culture addressing things like racism, cultural appropriation, colonialism, capitalism, the excessive gendering of all things. My politics are intersectional – so is my witchcraft.

I also discuss some tips and a few resource for those that might be interested in exploring witchcraft for themselves.

1/4 legal sized (7″x 4.25″) 64 pages with vellum overlays, cardstock cover, hand stitched binding, illustrations by Steve Larder ( Stevelarder.co.uk )

The cover is a Steve Larder Illustration of an altar I made to help with the process of the latest issue of Stolen Sharpie Revolution: A DIY Resource for Zines and Zine Culture by Alex Wrekk
    Available at Etsy here
    Available at Portland Button Works here
    brainscan33inside

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Alex Wrekk.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.